Many of our ViewPoint customers ask what the differences between ViewPoint and Edge are, and why they should consider Edge. There are many factors to consider when making the move; here are some of the larger benefits of Edge.
1. The Cloud. Storing your data in the cloud means no more servers. No more third party IT costs. No more backing up your practice management data. In addition, you can access your data from anywhere – your PC, your tablet, your smartphone all while you are in the office, at home, or taking that ‘vacation’ on the beach.
2. Mobile Apps. Because Edge uses the cloud, you have more access to your data through apps such as Edge Mobile, Practice Connect, and even the Edge Animations App. These apps allow you and your patients to get the information that is most important. You can view your schedule, patient information, and your Dashboard, while you patients can see their next appointment, view their financial history, and even check into their appointments.
3. The Dashboard. The Dashboard is your one stop shop for quick information. Each user can customize the Dashboard to what they want to see, from subgroups (today’s or tomorrow’s past due) to messaging, to stacks, to something as simple as the weather or a website. Easily find what you want in one spot.
4. Scheduler. Keeping on top of your schedule is one major key in keeping your office on time each day. Edge’s Smart Scheduler allows you to see on what days and the time of day your patients have made and kept the majority of their appointments. You can also email out appointment cards customized to your practice; include items such as links to your social media, and text that includes fields specific to each patient. In addition, Edge’s Scheduler allows you to apply more than one grid per day, meaning you need to create less templates.
5. Patient Folder. The patient folder is set up so each responsible party is only in Edge once. Each sibling is listed with the one responsible party, and promoting responsible parties to patients is as easy as the click of a button. In addition, the Correspondence History has added sections to include emailed forms, Edge Reminder messages, and text messages. No more going to several places to see all of the correspondence between you and your patients.
6. Financials. Edge makes financial transactions easier for your office. If you have an AutoReceipt set up, and then change the contract, Edge will automatically update the AutoReceipt for you. Also, bulk payments can be accepted on credit cards for multiple patients within the same family. No more worrying about a declined credit card because a payment has been made too close to another one.
7. Reports. Reporting in Edge, plainly put, is just better. Edge reports are interactive, meaning you can click just about any field and be taken to the patient’s folder, responsible party, or other information. You can also sort reports by the column you want. Edge reports have many more options to choose from before you run the report, meaning less time setting up specific subgroups, and less reports you need to run. You can even set up Quick Reports to run at the click of a button, or schedule reports to run each day at a certain time.
These are just a few of the benefits of Edge over ViewPoint. Be sure to talk to your Regional Manager if you’re interested in finding out more.