Online Scheduling is now available for Edge Cloud. With Online Scheduling, you can have prospective patients schedule an exam or consult with your office. Read on, and use the videos, to set up this feature in your practice.
Setting Up Your Scheduler
Your grid templates must be classified in order for Online Scheduling to work. If you do not already have this set up, you can do this in four steps:
- Set Up Classes. In the Home ribbon bar, click Editors > Classes. Classes are how you group like procedures together. Add new Classes as needed.
- Set Up Procedures. In the Editors, click Procedures; if you have Edge Specialist enabled, click Appointment Types. Create procedure codes here, and assign each code to a class. These procedure codes are what will show in your Scheduler.
- Set Up Schedule Templates. In the Editors, click Scheduler Template. Create new grid templates that align with how you see patients in your office NOTE: Each chair must be assigned to an office, and the time zone must match the office location.
- Assign Templates to the Scheduler. In the Home ribbon bar, click Scheduler. Change the Mode to Month View . On the day you want to assign the template, right click > Add Template > Choose the template you want to add.
More instructions can be found from the Schedule Setup and Design webinar.
Setting Up Online Scheduling
Once your schedule is set up, you can begin working on getting Online Scheduling set up.
- Set a logo for each office in the Offices Editor. This can be the same for each location, or you can use a unique logo per location.
- Ensure your grid templates have the correct time zone for the office location, and each chair is assigned an office location.
- Enable Online Scheduling in the Online Scheduling Editor. Use the Appointment Types section to select the procedures you wish to put on your website. Change the setting of these procedures to Self Schedule. In the New Patient Links tab, create a new link for each procedure, and if applicable, assign it an office location and doctor.
- Once your editors are set up, use the link(s) created in the New Patient Links tab of the Online Scheduling editor to add Online Scheduling to your website. Talk to your website developer about different options on how it can be added to your website.
Prospective patients can now select an appointment from your website to schedule. Once the appointment is selected, prospective patients fill out a brief form, and the appointment will be added to your scheduler.
Online Scheduling and Edge Cloud Scheduler
Prospects who use Online Scheduling are considered pending – meaning they don’t have a patient record yet. In addition, there is an extra icon in the Scheduler indicating the appointment was scheduled online.
Right click on the appointment in the scheduler and click View/Edit to bring up the Edit Pending Patient window. This window has various patient information fields and a notepad. If you have all of the biographical information filled out and want to promote the prospective patient into a full patient, click Promote to create a patient folder. You can also right click on the pending appointment and choose Convert to Full Patient.
Using Subgroups With Online Scheduling
Set up a subgroup in your Subgroup Widget to see when prospective patients have scheduled an appointment online. Once the patient has been promoted to a full patient, they are removed from this list.
For more information, view the Online Scheduling help video.