Everyone who knows me, knows that I’m a planner. I need to have all the details for everything planned out in advance so there are minimal chances of something going wrong. So it’s no surprise to anyone in our office that I have already started my New Year’s resolution list. While it’s not yet complete, it looks something like this today:
- Take a trip.
- Save as much money as I can this year.
- Learn. In any way. Something about my job, myself, others. Just learn.
- Spend more time with friends.
- Attend a costume party. Either one that I host or just attend. And go all out.
- Say thank you more often.
As I was talking with my officemate about these, he reminded me that I can do MOST of them AT ONCE. “How is that even possible?” I asked. He replied simply, “At the Users Group Meeting, Michelle!” And that’s when it hit me that he was right [Editor’s note: I am mostly always right.]:
- The UGM is the perfect get away to get out of the house, without the kids.
- Register before January 1 (this is why I make my resolutions early!) and save $100 per attendee.
- There are so many opportunities to learn at the UGM – from the presenters, other attendees and doctors, Ortho2 staff, and more!
- What a great way to see old friends and make new ones. We have set aside a weekend each year for you to get in touch with your friends.
- Take a trip back in time with our I (heart) the ‘80s party. Get dressed up and party like it’s 1989.
- While I’m away, I’ll have the perfect opportunity to say thank you to my husband for staying home with our daughter, thank you to Ortho2 for putting on such a great meeting, and helping me check off everything on my New Year’s resolution list.
So instead of sitting here thinking, “Hm, I didn’t learn to make homemade pasta like I said I would last year…” I’m going to smugly look at my new year’s resolution list and draw a giant check mark over the entire thing, pack, and then get ready for the 2016 UGM.
Prepare yourself for the best leg warmer interpretive dance routine of Aha’s Take On Me ever. And don’t forget to get your office registered before January 1 – because you know saving money is the best part of this list!